One of Canada’s top SaaS growth companies having just raised our $9.3m Series A!
As the industry's leading independent booking software, we have customers who run businesses in fascinating destinations all over the world. We have over 5,000 businesses using our platform and have processed over $6.8B in bookings to date, operating in 136 countries and 36 languages.
About the Job
We are looking for someone who has the technical capability to drive excellence and the ability to mentor and grow a development team. Checkfront is growing its development team and we’re looking for passionate leaders to deliver product features, improve our development processes and help achieve our business goals. We ship code every day and we're proud of our deployment health and agile process.
Please note the preference for this role is located remotely from anywhere in Canada, or in our beautiful head office in Victoria, BC.
Some tasks you’ll be taking on
- Build excellence through coaching, developing, and providing actionable feedback to team members.
- Communicate and be responsible for team progress within the team and to project stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage performance reviews of team members.
- Collaborate with managers and stakeholders to develop and progress the team's roadmap.
- Identifies areas in the code base that need improvement and advocates for these areas to be prioritized on the roadmap.
- Inspire your team to hold a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffs that enable the team to move faster.
- Drives execution by organizing team work, setting goals, and holding the team accountable.
- Work with your team and adjacent teams, communicating and escalating problems that have wider impacts.
- Participate in the design review process, seeking and providing constructive criticism.
- Hire your team (by collaborating with recruiters, defining roles, sourcing, taking candidates for “coffee” walks, selling their team and Checkfront, etc).
- Publish and understand the velocity and quality of the team’s technical output in addition to agile coaching.
- Monitor production metrics, acting as a first responder for software your team owns.
A driven, confident, and humble teammate ready to lead your team to success. You understand the value of iteration and getting product in front of your customers: when to polish, and when to deliver.
Ideally, you should have
- 3+ years of experience leading teams or: 5+ years experience building scalable SaaS solutions with displayed passion for mentorship, project management, and process improvement.
- Ability to monitor and triage production systems for security and performance issues
- You strive to understand the needs of the developers, the platform, and the customer.
- You are comfortable planning and executing projects from idea to completion.
- You are a people-lover, building excellence through coaching, feedback, and career development of team members.
- You empower team members to have high accountability for their work.
- Display a maturity to manage individual contributors that may be more technically advanced.
- Would be great if you have experience with e-commerce, bookings, and the tourism and activity industry.
If you don’t meet all of our requirements exactly or have some gaps in your resume know that we would still love to hear from you! Use your cover letter to tell us about your unique experience - we understand that talent comes from many places and that skills are transferable.
- A workplace that values a work-life balance
- A constructive environment with room to learn, excel and impact
- Extended health benefits
- Parental benefits
- Vacation, personal days, and health days
- A newly renovated office space (as of May 2020) in downtown Victoria
- An opportunity to work with modern technology
- Flexible work hours
Checkfront acknowledges and respects that we work, learn, and innovate on the unceded Coast Salish Territory of the Lekwungen & WSÁNEĆ nations.
As a company, we are committed to upholding the values of diversity, inclusion, and equity. In pursuit of this, we actively seek new members who will work respectfully and constructively with our team, and challenge the status quo, propelling our company and the community forward.